If you are a fan of the Perth Scorchers, the current BBL champions, you might be looking for ways to enjoy their games even more. As a supporter, you want to fully immerse yourself in the atmosphere whether you’re cheering the boys on at the stadium or watching the action from your living room. But the constant noise and sensory overload can be draining. This is where sensory headphones can help transform your viewing experience.
By blocking excess sound and providing comfort, these Sensory Headphones allow you to singularly focus on the sights and sounds that matter, from the crack of bat meeting ball to raucous fan chants. For sensory-sensitive individuals especially, the pressure-relieving design grants the ability to relax and take in the game. With the right headphone choice matched to your needs, supporting the Perth Scorchers can become more enjoyable no matter where you are. Let’s explore some top options so you can find the sensory headphones to boost your fandom.
What are sensory headphones and how do they work?
Sensory headphones are headphones that are designed to enhance the user’s sensory experience by blocking out triggering auditory factors and allowing them to focus on specific sounds or silence. They can be either noise-canceling or noise-reducing, depending on the technology they use. Noise-canceling headphones use active noise control to create a sound wave that is opposite to the ambient noise, thus canceling it out. Noise-reducing headphones use passive noise isolation to create a physical barrier that blocks out the external sounds. Both types of headphones can reduce the actual noise level (decibels) that the ears process, but they do not completely eliminate noise altogether.
Sensory headphones can be beneficial for people who have auditory sensitivities, such as those with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or other sensory processing disorders. They can also help people who have attention-related issues, such as ADHD, or those who simply want to enjoy their music or sounds without being disturbed by the environment. Sensory headphones can help users to:
- Reduce sensory overload: By effectively blocking out external sounds or diminishing their volume, these headphones provide a much-needed respite for those easily overwhelmed by their auditory environment. No more cringing at the bustling city’s cacophony or the crowded room’s clamor—sensory headphones are here to save the day!
- Improve focus: By minimizing distractions, these headphones help users to hone in on the task at hand, improving focus and enhancing productivity.
- Provide a snug and cozy fit: Sensory headphones are designed with the user’s comfort in mind, offering a comfortable fit that can be particularly beneficial for those hypersensitive to touch or pressure.
- Promote relaxation: Sensory headphones foster relaxation by enabling users to enjoy calming music or sounds, thus providing a personal haven for stress alleviation and peace.
How can sensory headphones help you at Perth Scorchers games?
Perth Scorchers games are exciting and thrilling events that attract thousands of fans and spectators. However, they can also be loud and overwhelming, especially for those who are not used to the noise and the crowd. If you are one of them, you might find sensory headphones to be a great solution for enjoying the games without feeling stressed or anxious. Here are some of the ways that sensory headphones can help you at Perth Scorchers games:
- Block out the crowd noise: If you are watching the game at the stadium, you might be bothered by the constant cheering, shouting, and clapping of the fans. While some people find this to be energizing and motivating, others might find it to be distracting and irritating. Sensory headphones can help you block out the crowd noise and let you focus on the game and the commentary. You can also adjust the volume and the noise-canceling level to suit your preference and situation.
- Listen to your own music or sounds: If you are watching the game on TV, you might not like the background music or the commentary that is played. You might prefer to listen to your own music or sounds that match your mood and taste. Sensory headphones can help you do that, by allowing you to connect to your own device and play your own audio. You can also choose to listen to nothing at all, and enjoy the silence and the visuals of the game.
- Feel comfortable and relaxed: Whether you are at the stadium or at home, you might want to feel comfortable and relaxed while watching the game. Sensory headphones can help you achieve that, by providing a snug and cozy fit that can soothe your ears and head. You can also use them to listen to relaxing music or sounds, such as nature sounds, ambient sounds, or white noise, that can help you calm down and unwind.
What are some of the best sensory headphones for Perth Scorchers games?
There are many sensory headphones available on the market, but not all of them are suitable for Perth Scorchers games. You might want to look for headphones that have the following features:
- High-quality sound: You want to hear the game and the commentary clearly and crisply, without any distortion or interference. You also want to hear your own music or sounds with the best possible quality, without any loss or compression. Look for headphones that have high-resolution drivers, wide frequency range, and low impedance.
- Effective noise-canceling or noise-reducing technology: You want to block out the unwanted sounds and let in the ones you want to hear, without any compromise or leakage. Look for headphones that have active noise control or passive noise isolation, or both, and that have adjustable levels of noise-canceling or noise-reducing.
- Comfortable and secure fit: You want to wear the headphones for a long time without feeling any discomfort or pressure. You also want to make sure that they stay in place and do not fall off or slip. Look for headphones that have soft and padded ear cushions, adjustable headband, and ergonomic design.
- Wireless and long-lasting battery: You want to avoid the hassle of tangled wires and cords, and have the freedom to move around and change your position. You also want to make sure that the headphones do not run out of power in the middle of the game. Look for headphones that have Bluetooth connectivity, rechargeable battery, and long battery life.
Based on these criteria, here are some of the best sensory headphones for Perth Scorchers games that we recommend:
- Bose QuietComfort 45: These are noise-canceling headphones that have excellent sound quality, effective noise-canceling technology, comfortable and secure fit, and wireless and long-lasting battery. They also have a transparency mode that lets you hear the outside world when you need to, and a multipoint feature that lets you connect to two devices at the same time. They are ideal for watching the game at the stadium or at home, and for listening to your own music or sounds. Read more.
- Soundcore Space A40: These are noise-canceling earbuds that have great sound quality, effective noise-canceling technology, comfortable and secure fit, and wireless and long-lasting battery. They also have a hybrid mode that lets you adjust the noise-canceling level according to your environment, and a fast-charging feature that gives you an hour of playtime with just 10 minutes of charging. They are ideal for watching the game on TV or on your device, and for listening to your own music or sounds. Read more.
- 3M WorkTunes: These are noise-reducing ear defenders that have good sound quality, effective noise-reducing technology, comfortable and secure fit, and wireless and long-lasting battery. They also have a built-in microphone that lets you take calls or use voice assistants, and a high-visibility color that makes you stand out in the crowd. They are ideal for watching the game at the stadium, and for listening to your own music or sounds. Read more.
Sensory headphones are headphones that can block out unwanted sounds and let you focus on the ones you want to hear. They can also provide comfort and relaxation for those who are sensitive to touch or pressure. They can help you have a better experience at Perth Scorchers games, by blocking out the crowd noise, listening to your own music or sounds, and feeling comfortable and relaxed. Some of the best sensory headphones for Perth Scorchers games are Bose QuietComfort 45, Soundcore Space A40, and 3M WorkTunes.
We hope you enjoyed this article and found it helpful. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know in the comments below. And if you are looking for more information on sensory headphones, you can check out our other articles on The Best Sensory Headphones for Autists, Autism Noise Canceling Headphones & Earplugs Reviewed by Autistic People, and How Can Sensory Headphones Help Your Child with Autism?. Thank you for reading and happy watching!